Ghanaian Travel Certificates are issued only to Ghanaians who are not in possession of Ghana Passports and require to travel to Ghana in an emergency situation. They are usually good for three months.
Upon completion of a Travel Certificate Form, applicants will be required to produce evidence of Ghanaian nationality such as photocopy of a passport, birth certificate, together with 2 passport size photos and a processing fee (please refer to the current rates and fees).
Applicants are required to apply personally at the Mission for an interview at the time of submitting the request for the Travel Certificate.
GUIDELINES FOR ACQUISITION OF
EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE
HOW TO APPLY
A Declaration by an Applicant, stating reason or circumstances under which
request for Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC) is being made shall be
submitted to the Consular Officer for consideration. Upon approval, applicants
are required to complete a FORM obtainable from the Consulate at a fee of
INSTRUCTIONS: FOR COMPLETING & SUBMITTING APPLICATION
- The Form should be completed in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Two (2) recent and identical colour passport sized photographs
- Proof of Ghanaian Citizenship – Provide Ghanaian identity – Passport,
National ID Card, Certified Birth Certificate
- Travel itinerary
- Complete draft ETC form
- Applicants will also be obliged to register with the High Commission or Consulate by completing the Ghanaian Citizen’s Registration Form
- Attach Copy of Receipt issued for the payment of the ETC
CASH is not accepted under any circumstance. All Consular fees are to be paid in
MONEY ORDER or BANKER’S DRAFT ONLY, made payable to “Ghana High Commission”.
CONSULAR FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
Ghana High Commission
1 CLEMOW AVENUE, OTTAWA - ON, K1S 2A9
613 – 236 - 0871
613 – 236 - 0874
CONSULATE GENERAL OF GHANA - TORONTO
8977 WOODBINE AVENUE, MARKHAM - ON, L3R 0J9